My first recipe is the delicious chickpea omelet for those long weekend mornings. The original recipe can be found in Finnish from here.
Chickpea omelet for two
- 3.0 dl chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp black salt (kala namak)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- black pepper to taste
- 1 dl of water
- 1 tsp of canola oil
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tomato
- Mix the chickpea flour and the spices together. Add water and mix. If the dough is too firm, add some more water. The dough should be thick, but such that it can be poured on the pan. Let it sit and puff up for a while.
- Dice the avocado and the tomato.
- Heat the oil on the pan and pour the dough on it. Fry the omelet until the surface coagulates. Flip it and fry the other side as well.
- Move the omelet on your plate, add your toppings, and enjoy!
Of course you may use whatever toppings you like, but these are the ones I had in my pantry lying around. I suggest you make the omelet quite thin, otherwise it will just taste like a falafel pancake.