As you probably have noticed, I love different kind of soups. Especially the kind that warm your heart and your body during the winter (even though it’s supposed to be spring soon). I love spicy food, but this time I got a bit too frisky with the chili powder (as you may observe from the picture….). It was delicious nevertheless.
Carrot cardamom soup
- 1 onion
- 750 g carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cm fresh ginger
- 1+ tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp flour
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 dl oat cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop up the onion and the carrots. Mince the ginger.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion, carrots, ginger, cardamom, and turmeric to the pan. Sauteé for a moment.
- Add the flour, vegetable stock, and the juices of orange and lime. Cook on medium heat, until the carrots are soft.
- Puree the soup with your hand blender and add in the oat cream.
- Season the soup with chili, salt, and pepper to your taste.
The original recipe had coconut milk instead of oat cream, but I didn’t happen to have it. I think that the soup tastes the best on the day it is made. As you can see my ‘instagram worthy’ decorations got out of hand, but thankfully some extra chili just makes the soup better!